Southern Africa offers not only amazing game viewing (the Big 5 can definitely be seen in South Africa), but breathtaking landscapes, vibrant culture, unbeatable cuisine, stunning beaches, numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites, fabulous wines and wineries, and a deep and ancient archaeological history of humankind.
It is also the singular home to one of the six floral kingdoms on Earth – the Cape Floral Kingdom.
Recommendations When Visiting South Africa:
• Visit Kruger National Park, a flagship park of South Africa and among the largest in all of Africa.
• Visit the many smaller and more intimate game reserves in the coastal province of South Africa, Kwa-Zulu Natal.
• Visit Table Mountain, one of the new Natural Wonders of the World.
• Visit Cape Town and it's vibrant city life and breathtaking natural beauty.
• Visit a local village or school, and see life from a different perspective.
• Visit the cradle of humankind, the world's richest hominin site and home to around 40% of the world's human ancestor fossils.
Recommendations When Visiting Other Parts of South Africa:
• Visit the Okavanga Delta in Botswana
• Visit Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe
• Visit the Etosha National Park in Namibia
Thanks to Toby Brown at Outdoor Africa for these great tips and suggestions!